Thursday 12 August 2010

Storage & Oxford Street Haul


Hiii,

Firstly, I'm excited to talk to you about my new storage boxes! If you read my last post about winning my dressing table on ebay, I'm sure most of you will know I'm having a bit of a revamp of my room! yaaaay ♥

yay, I thought this was very delicate and fitting with all that I want my room to be :)
Next, it's onto the storage boxes I bought.
I had a massive clear out and found that it would be quite nice to keep things from my past in a "memory box" and I knew that TK maxx would be the perfect place to find some of these wonderfully recreated vintage boxes. (obviously they aren't real vintage if they are in tk maxx :P) it was £9.99.
I also found this beauty reduced to £2! How on earth could I leave this in the shop? It's so cutee :)
I made it into a bead box (I discovered I had a lot of beads!) :


Here is the bigger version, reduced to £4. I don't know what I'm going to use this one for right now, but I'm sure that I will find a use for it one day (soon!)


I also wanted a box for everyday bits and bobs such as my daily moisturiser, hairbrush, ipod, camera. Just a general place to store general items really! I thought this case would be really pretty and feels lovely. Cost me £12.99 which I think it really good because it feels like a lovely material (you might be able to see closer if you click the picture below) Also the name is signed "Emily" which is closeeee (just not quite) my name :P


Oxford Street Haul
I don't know if I mentioned or not, but I went for laser eye surgery in West London right near to Oxford street. Although we couldn't shop on the day of surgery (which went very well), we had to get a train back for a check the next day so we decided to shop then. I picked up a few bits in Zara, DP and Primark:

Shop: Zara
Price: £25.99
I love this so much! It reminds me of the clothes women used to wear in WW2? I think. I adoree it! And it's a really trendy colour this season ♥

Shop: Dorothy Perkins
Price: £5 reduced to £1
I really love this! it's very vintage style with the bow and the colours. I just love it. And it's such a bargain at £1, you'd pay that if not a little bit more in Primark :P


Shop: Primark
Price: £5 reduced to £2

Shop: Primark
Price: £9
I love this skirt! It's the second skirt I own and it's so girly and feminine, I just love it! You can get some really impressive stuff in primark right now :)

Shop: Primark
Price: £6
I loved this from the moment I saw it which is really strange considering it is quilted. I usually feel that most quilted bags are really chavvy, as that's what you see everyone in at the local town, however, I think this appeals to me because it's not fully quilted, it's got a cute tied bow at the side and adjustable gold chain - Long to go over your body, or doubled up to go over one shoulder. I also like that on the inside there are 2 sections, because I always panic about where my purse is, I also like that it's small so I don't feel tempted to pack it out too much! I also really like the pink colour, it's not in your face like the black plastic ones i've seen and such :)


Shop: Primark
Price: £2
I saw this on the wall and loved the colour. It's in shade Mocha-Tallic which is gorgeous. You can see it on my nails above however you will notice that it looks very thin and a little streaky but after a few coats it looks better. I've always found that these nail polishes have been better than other brands, they dry quick and look fab, even beats No 7 polishes which are more than triple the price.

Shop: Primark
Price: £3
It's just a plain nude belt, there's not really much to say about it other than it's nice and will compliment some outfits :P

Here's a little outfit that I put together with my new purchases <3

pearl necklace (not new): Primark, £2?
Top: Zara, £5.99 - Was £15.99, and previously £19.99 so bargain!
cardigan (as above): Zara, £25.99
Bracelets: Primark, £2 - I have a matching necklace to this too :)
Skirt (as above): Primark, £9

I love that even a mostly Primark Put together outfit can look really classy. Do you agree?

I hope you're all doing well
Love,
Emz ♥

4 comments:

  1. That memory box is such a good idea and ideal for what your using it for :). I didn't know TK Maxx did things like that - but then again I never really have a good look in there.
    I also LOVE your cardigan from Zara its soooo in for the a/w too:) Lovveeee ittt
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. those boxes are adorable and so cute!! I love all the things you bought the clothes are super pretty and I have had my eye on that bag too its gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shopping for interiors and storage, great buys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a belt almost exactly like that one, I love it :) cute post <3 i like your blog, ill follow :) hope youll check out my blog too

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love it if you'd comment on my blog post :) I love reading and replying to your messages! ♥

free counters