Thursday 10 June 2010

FOTD and Mag Freebies!

Hi everyone, I hope you're doing okay. Today I've got a "Face of the Day" Picture and what my trip into town brought me :)

So first of, I'll go with the FOTD. Sorry for the awful picture, I was in a bit of a rush and it's the best I could do. I really don't like this picture -.-

What I used:
Face
Body Shop Tinted Moisturiser (Vitamin E)
Collection 2000 16 hour ultimate wear concealer - in shade 2 Light
Bronzer from BHS I think
Eyes
Max Factor lash extension effect mascara
Rimmel Kohl eyeliner in Jungle Green
Lips
MUA lipstick - shade 4
Rimmel Lipliner (Don't know exact name, can't find it..)
Rimmel Lipstick Lock

Moving on... I got my Magazine freebies!

Yay, how cool :) I went to WHsmith and they only had 2 issues of Glamour left, and the free gift was either the concealer or eye brighten and I already said that i didn't want the concealer so I picked up the eye bright one and carried on my search for the Bad Gal eyeliner and More Magazine. WHsmith was a shambles and everything was a mess.

So next I went to a little Newsagents and they had 2 issues of glamour left with the bad gal eyeliner so I picked those up! The woman looked confused and was like "are you sure you want two of these?" and I was like "yes!" haha. And they had one copy of more magazine left. Next I went to Tesco's who were doing a 3 for 2 offer on some mags, More, Grazia and something else I can't remember, so I ended up picking 3 copies of More magazine.

Right so, I sat down on a bench on the high street so I could tear my coupons out but i accidently binned the coupon and not the rest of the page! I almost died... I waited until nobody was around and reached my hand into the bin to retrieve it. *Cringe* But it had to be done! So anyways, I went to the superdrug on the highstreet and claimed my purchase, the women in there were really moody -.- and then I was going to go to the bigger one with more choice so I picked up three there. When I went to pay, the moody woman said "no, you can't use three, it says one per customer" so I had to leave two and she didn't even give me a choice of which one I wanted to keep! I guess I will have to go to a superdrug 3 times before the end of 15th June or get my friend to come with me and say it's for her. grr.

Anyways, here is a close up of the barry M dazzle dusts that I did manage to pick up

The shades I got were 14 - Kharki and 22 - Electric Blue
So these two add to my collection of 10 Barry M dazzle Dusts/Fine glitter Dusts:
4 - Silver (Fine Glitter Dust)
20 - Denim (Fine Glitter Dust)
23 - Purple Black (Fine Glitter Dust)
44 - Copper
53 - Chocolate
76 - Yellow
84 - Cherry Red
94 - Teal

Lastly, Exam! Ahhh!
I've got a business studies exam tomorrow. Business Studies: Marketing. I'm really scared because these are the final exams before uni, and there is no chance to retake unless I have to resit the whole year again with the year 12s. *cough* No thanks!

Hope you're all having a good week,
Love,
Emz ♥

8 comments:

  1. Great post! The bit about the bin really made me laugh Lmao!I could just imagine it! im the same though I always bin the wrong things!! I did exactly the same ran out of the shop and sat on a bench and ripped them out lol! & I hate it when they do that with coupons, hope you get your other two! I didnt get hold of any more, I ran out of time superdrug and whismiths are ages apart from eachover! :(

    Gorgeous FOTD aswell You look stunning & The products you used look fab!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't supposed to laugh! lol. It was really disgusting. It was one of those bins that I describe as being kinda a "letterbox" and I could hardly see it but yeah :)

    Ahh it's a shame that you're not able to pick up anymore. I don't know what's going to be cheapest for me because I will have to pay for a £5 bus pass to go and get my 2 free dazzle dusts! lol. I might be able to convince my dad to quickly take me out tomorrow though. Hoping! :)

    and thank you :) I don't really like wearing foundation because it gives me spots. I don't like the Nivea tinted moisturiser, so I wear it, and then put the concealer on top to even it out, but also gives a little colour because you can blend them together, and an extra bit of coverage too. (Damn you spot marks!) haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao! Sorry :P

    Aww that sucks! I hope your dad does take you :)

    Your welcome chick ! So lucky being able to not wear foundation! I hate the nivea tinted moisturiser too is it the be beautiful young one? I hate that! I did a reveiw about it on my blog

    http://cosmeticsmile-x.blogspot.com/2010/04/review-nivea-visage-young-be-beautiful.html

    Is that the same one? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha It's alright!

    And I woke up about an hour ago so I couldn't be asked. I need him to pay for my bus pass anyways so :P haha.

    I should wear foundation, because I have a lot to cover up, I used to get a lot of spots, but since I stopped wearing Revlon Colourstay, my skin appears to have improved a lot! But all the old red spot marks are still there and I have NO IDEA how to get rid of them :(

    I saw your review, it is the same one I use, and it does the exact same thing to me! When you put it on your face, it seems okay.. and then it dries! and it goes all patchy and you end up with horrible orange marks! I just put a lighter concealer over the top of it to even it all out :) Oh and I use just a normal Nivea oil free moisturiser before putting the tinted one on and you have to get it while the normal moisturiser is still quite wet on your skin

    Hope that helps, I won't be buying it again though, I'll just use it till it's gone. I bought one from body shop, but I don't like that one either, it just leaves you feeling sticky all day when you touch your face, and makes me look mega shiny :/ I think the next one I want to try is olay touch of concealer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh i wrote a BIG rely but it didnt send!

    Any way! this is like a quicker version of what i said hmm...

    Aww lol, Revlon colourstay Ive always wanted to try would you reccomend it? :)

    I was so annoyed by nivea they seen my review and blamed the fact that I didnt wash or exfoliate my skin, I am too old to use that product, something about I don't moisturise my skin, Ive had to much sunburn and I never wear spf! And my skin is affected by the bad area I live in and my heavy drink & smoking lifestyle??

    I have a full skin care regime! I exfoliate 1-2 a week, I use loads of moistureiser everyday! Ive never been sunburnt and I always have spf on, Im 16 thats hardley old! & I hardly ever drink and i have never touched a fag in my life?! Essssh how dare they say that lol? Then tried to buy me off with a £6 voucer to take my review down wich I obviously declined! Wasnt happy at all!!

    I don't really like tinted moistiurisers, Id rather just use moisturiser and then foundation so much easier & looks alot better on me lol! & I should really try the olay one as I love olay! Its my number 1 brand and has never let me down before :)

    By its like 4am :/ Can't sleep it's a nightmare lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I too have weird sleeping patterns! I love being awake at night because it's so peaceful, nobody interrupts you! :)

    And, I like the Colourstay, the smell is a bit offensive, and you can kinda smell it on you all day... It's REALLY hard to blend because it dries very very quickly and personally (I don't know if it's just me, because I think every foundation feels like a mask...) I wear it to school and just want to take it off straight away when I get home! And I don't think it's doing my skin any favours. I always develop more spots after wearing it, and I only really wear it for parties nowdays...

    Tinted moisturisers are so much better for your skin! I'm trying to look for "Non-comedegenic" ones which don't clog pores. You could try using a concealer to cover blemishes then even it out with a good tinted moisturiser?

    I did see you talking about them saying about how it's your fault! what a cheek!! If they improved their product, we wouldn't need to complain!!!

    I hope you have less of a nightmare sleeping soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, That doesnt sound so good! think I might pass on that one! & I do wear conceler alot! Hmm decisions :/ I really need to stop using foundation aswell I think as my skin is awfull at the minute! Thanks for the tips :)

    & Your so right about the night thing I just love the peace & quiet haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although, having said that, it's the best liquid foundation I've found, although I've only ever tried the maybelline pure.mineral liquid one which was horrible :/ I'm too afraid that i'll waste my money on something which my skin will get angry at!

    I feel a lot better when I'm not wearing foundation, because I just feel like my skin is thanking me for it :P xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love it if you'd comment on my blog post :) I love reading and replying to your messages! ♥

free counters